1. First stop: Next. It's a lot like Costco, without the cheap hot dogs. I noticed that the liquor and wine section had a lot of champagne. Did you know that Nigeria is Africa's largest champagne importer?
2. Next: Vet World. Sydney asked if we could bring Sully here with us. She was thinking that Vet World would be like the big box pet stores in the States. It was always one of her favorite things to do as a toddler - walk around PetCo and watch the puppies, fish and gerbils. I'm glad we didn't bring Sully as Vet World was a dimly lit, tiny shop. Sully would have knocked down the precariously balanced cases of dog food and caused a general ruckus.
Note: They sell snake repellent here! No need to ship that from home if you're moving to Abuja any time soon.
3. Last stop: Hilton hotel. Jack needed his mop trimmed so we visited the barber shop at the Hilton hotel. Sydney had a fun time sitting in the waiting area, exploring all of the various hair products for African hair. I was intrigued by the moisturizing treatments. The weather has turned so dry here, my hair feels brittle and in serious need of some oil treatment.



1 comment:
Hi Kristin! Just checked in and caught up on your blog. Thanks for the updates! I see from FB that you guys are on a dream vacation right now, I hope you are loving it. Miss you! -- Janice
Post a Comment