Sunday, August 9, 2015

Grocery Shopping

If you know me well, you know that nothing makes me happier than a full fridge and fruit bowl after a weekend grocery run. I have been grocery shopping several times since we have arrived and have been pleasantly surprised at the availability of food that I enjoy.

I have been marveling at how sweet and fresh the market's tropical fruits here taste compared to back home - mango, papaya, pineapple and watermelon. 
So delicious!

Once a week, there is a farmer that comes to our compound to sell lettuces, herbs, fresh wildflowers and the vegetables that were ripe that week. 

I don't mind the chicken, but the beef cuts can be tough/stringy. I have heard of Felak meat delivery in Jos and intend to order and try their meats out soon.

The hassle is that stores are small and their stock varies weekly. To get all the foods you need requires visiting three different stores in Abuja, which is no easy feat.

Fruits from the local market
Exclusive Grocery Store. 
$27.00!

No comments: