It took us 4 hours to get there due to traffic up by Quantico and the need to take a long lunch in Williamsburg for Sydney to stretch her legs. Now that she's learning to stand of her own, she is very eager to practice her walking.
Sydney enjoyed her first seafood dinner. Just kidding. Shellfish is on the short list of things Sydney will not eat until later on. She had chicken for dinner.
The people at the restaurant were very complimentary of Sydney's dinnertime behavior and table manners. I guess all that eating out when she was tiny will pay off (hopefully.)
At the aquarium, she held onto the stroller with one hand while I pushed and she walked alongside me. She can walk as long as she is holding on with 1 hand.
The aquarium was okay. I guess I am spoiled having the Shedd Aquarium as the go to aquarium as a child. Then, we would visit San Diego and Vancouver for family vacations. For the longest time I thought ALL aquariums had killer whales. Obviously, I found out that they don't. So, I settled for this guy...
Sydney was (once again) freaked out by the first fish we saw. She had a similar freaked out reaction down at the Tampa Zoo back in January. She saw the very large fish through the window and screamed. She dug her little nails into my arm, kicked her little feet and turned her head away.
A few moments later, she was over it and making friends with this fake sea turtle exhibit.
On Saturday morning, we had a pancake breakfast at Pocohontas Pancakes. It was wonderfully greasy and especially touristy. They had Indian decor and a fake teepee in the restaurant. Love it! Sydney enjoyed her first taste of pancakes and liked her eggs.
Then, we hit the beach! It was in the 70s and sunny in the morning. She was mesmerized by the sand and the waves. This time around, Sydney only took one mouthful of sand.
Not sure what this is, but it brought out my beautiful yellow undertones don't you think?
1 comment:
i haven't been keeping up with all your postings! i have never been to an aquarium with a killer whale - only sea world. i don't think that counts, does it?
Post a Comment