The moving company packers arrive this Friday to whisk our belongings away. Although Matt and I have moved several times in our 11 years together, this move has a challenging component. The difficulty lies in the fact that our belongings are going two different places (storage and Abuja) via three different methods (suitcases, air freight and household shipment via boat.
I have spent the week organizing into different piles. I have been using a color coded Post-It system to sort our things. Some items, such as furniture, are very clear that they will be storage for two years as our house in Abuja will be fully furnished. Other items, clothes, for example require sorting. For example, I won't need many winter clothes in sub-Saharan Africa, but I will need a few sweaters and pants for a European vacation over Christmas.
The more I get accomplished, the messier the house gets. I have two little "helpers" that are curious and like to open up bins and move the already packed items around.
Here are some pictures of the disarray we are currently living in.
The Post-It system in use:
Cute monogrammed duffel bag. 4th of July sale at LL Bean.
Air freight being sorted into the living room:
My assistants:







No comments:
Post a Comment