Sunday, May 20, 2012

April 2012 - lots of illness

April was a crazy month with illness. Jack caught Hand, Foot and Mouth virus and was a miserable little guy. He had blisters on the inside of his throat and mouth and barely ate for four days. He lost a few pounds that week. He also stayed silent and sad, except to tell us, "It hurts." When he started to feel better on Day 4, he had SO many words compared to a week prior. He has had a real language explosion lately. He is putting together 5-6 word sentences and asking questions about everything he sees.

After Jack started to recover, I got sick! Isn't this the way it always works for parents? I had a 103 degree fever for 5 days, then 101 for 5 more days. After 11 days of feeling awful, lethargic and sore, I started to feel like myself again. The doctor never fully pinpointed what was wrong with me, but I have a suspicion that I got an adult version of the virus of Hand, Foot and Mouth. EDIT: three years late I fully believe that this was the first symptom of my finished immune system and that I had lymphoma (cancer)

Then, Sydney got poison ivy!  Yikes!
Matt and I attended a friend form Texas A&M's wedding. It was at a lovely historic home in Old Town Virginia. Here is a picture of us in front of our neighbor's rose bush before we left for the reception. I had a 103 fever that night so we left the reception early.

No comments: