Everywhere we go, people make comments after I tell them he's 6 weeks old. "OH, wow! He's a big boy!" Usually I reply, "Yeah, I know. He was 9.5 lbs when he was born." (as I internally roll my eyes.)
It all started in the magical town of Bloomington, Indiana back in 1999... In the 16 years since, we have been busy. Marriage, Army, grad schools, lived in three states, two awesome kids, beat cancer, traveled a bunch and relocated our family to West Africa.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Jack, meet Catalina
I went out to lunch with my friend and colleague, Carmen. She has a 4 week old little girl. It is amazing to see how much bigger and solid Jack is (at 6.5 weeks) than this little girl. The thing is, she was born at 8.5 lbs (not unusually small), so that makes Jack an even bigger giant that I suspected.
Everywhere we go, people make comments after I tell them he's 6 weeks old. "OH, wow! He's a big boy!" Usually I reply, "Yeah, I know. He was 9.5 lbs when he was born." (as I internally roll my eyes.)
Everywhere we go, people make comments after I tell them he's 6 weeks old. "OH, wow! He's a big boy!" Usually I reply, "Yeah, I know. He was 9.5 lbs when he was born." (as I internally roll my eyes.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment