Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010

We got about 18 inches of snow in our neighborhood, but other parts of Northern Virginia like Dulles Airport got upwards of 30 inches of now. This morning I woke up, looked out the window and thought "I think that this is the most snow that I've ever seen at one time." Could it be true? I did a little Internet weather research and found this on the National Weather Service's web site.

The longest period of time without a 10 inch snow or greater was February 12, 1981 to January 1, 1999 (almost 18 years).

Hmmmmm. How ironic. Pretty much my whole life spent in Illinois (born March 1981, moved to college in August 1999) there were no major storms in Chicago. Then, I move to D.C. (that gets an average of 17 inches a year) and Snowmageddon 2009 and Snowmageddon 2 hit in the same winter. I have had 5 snow days off this year. I think I remember 2 snow days total in my Kindergarten - 12th grade career. What the heck?

Anyway, here are some pics of Saturday afternoon:






Tree fell down on this car on my street:

No comments: