Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jack is Here!


Jack Arthur Suma
Born Friday, February 26, 2010
9 lbs, 8 oz.
21.5 inches long

On Thursday evening, I had a lot of discomfort throughout the evening. I was awake from 1-2:30 a.m. with some timeable contractions every 5 minutes. I went back to sleep for a few hours with some back pain and minor contractions. I called the Doctor's Line at 6 a.m. and she told me to either come to the hospital or wait until 8:30 a.m. to see the doctor.

We dropped off Sydney at Peggy's house for the day and headed to the doctor's office. I got there and found out three exciting things:
1. 6 cm dialated (what????)
2. water was ruptured
3. I was going to the hospital.

Once we got to the hospital, I was in discomfort, but will walking, talking etc. You'll see below that I decided to put on makeup around 10 a.m. I was reading the newspaper, talking to Matt, etc. Then, all of a sudden, after laying back down in bed, Baby decided "This is go time!"

I barely had time to call the nurse. They barely had time to call the doc and break down the components of the bottom part of the bed. I pushed for 10 minutes (maybe less) and Jack arrived!




No comments: