Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday in the (dog) park

Sydney and I survived our first week back to school!  Matt isn't home yet, so it was a little bit of a struggle waking up at 6 a.m. and getting to Peggy's house by 6:30.  Most mornings, I wake up a little bit before Sydney, get ready, take out the trash, load the car and make my coffee.  Then, I gently wake her up (which she is not happy about) and change her soaking wet diaper and leave her in pajamas.  Peggy puts on her play clothes for her later on in the morning.

So far, so good.  I have 1st period off, so even if I am a little bit late - no big deal.  This weekend has been fun so far.  We went to a Children's Consignment Sale to look for toys and clothes.  We didn't find anything we liked that much in the used section, however, we did buy two brand new books.  Then, we got lunch and sat at the park benches and watched the dogs play at the Shirlington Dog Park.  Sydney loved it!

Sydney, before going to consignment sale.  She has pigtails in her hair if you didn't notice.

Saturday night, we had dinner with two of my nicest and tallest friends.  Sydney loved playing with a tennis ball, getting fed and spoiled rotten by these two ladies. She really got some airtime when swinging like a monkey with Victoria and Lisa.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

aw I miss you guys! Sounds like a good weekend.