
Today, Matt, Sydney and I went to the largest Catholic church in the world - the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. If we were at St. Mary's in College Station and announced this, this would definitely get a "Whoop!"
We spent two hours quietly walking around the enormous basilica. You could easily spend a whole day exploring, reflecting and worshiping.
Sydney quickly discovered that her little voice echoed very loudly in the large space. I don't think anyone minded though. We let her crawl around on the marble floor for a little while and it was amazing to think that she was on the same floor that Pope Benedict XVI, Pope John Paul II, and Mother Teresa all walked upon when they visited the National Shrine.
When we got there, there was a large group of Filipinos. Perhaps, it was a big group of relatives. They gave Matt the side-eyed glance of approval, luckily. Also, we bought a book each at the book store - Matt bought Angels and Devils and I bought The Pocket Guide to Confession. Interesting reading for the weekend, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment