Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Visitors



We had an exciting weekend filled with visitors and meeting new people. Thursday morning, Uncle Rich and Aunt Lindsay arrived from Chicago. I picked them up from the airport and told them I'd like to take them to brunch. Well, after a quick error on I--395 I was headed into the District (instead of back to our house), so I decided to drop them off at the Washington Monument instead.
If you don't already know this about me...I get lost ALL the time while driving.

They spent the day seeing the monuments and museums while Syd-O and I took naps and cleaned the house. There was a monster thunderstorm that snarled up traffic in the afternoon (big surprise! traffic in DC!) so I sent Matt to pick them up from their Metro stop instead of subjecting Sydney and me to her Traffic Tantrums (Sydney hates stop and go traffic and insists on screaming every time the cars goes below 40 MPH.)

On Friday evening, Auntie Carmen came into town on the train from Manhattan. She was able to meet her grand-niece and bond with her a little bit before she went to bed. Saturday morning was a great treat because Matt and I were able to go to the gym together for a long workout. We have not been able to do this since before Sydney was born and it was nice to do our cardio and ab work together at our new club.

We had a nice brunch with Aunt Carmen's best friend, best friend's daughter, the husband and the 2 year old daughter. Did you follow that? It was 9 people and very nice to meet some locals who are in the same phase of life as we are. Hopefully, we will see them soon as we enjoyed their company.

Saturday night was great because Matt and I were able to go on a date night while we had a babysitter (Auntie C.)

On Sunday, we went to the outlet mall with Auntie Carmen and bought some back to school clothes.

We were pooped by the time it was Sunday evening. We cleaned house, got ready for the work week and were able to put Sydney down for the night around 8 and she woke up at 8 a.m. That's right....for the past month, Sydney has been sleeping an average of 8-10 hours a night (with 2 short, efficient night feedings) and I pray that this becomes a pattern!

No comments: